david reed | solo
"An Analog Man in a Digital World"
“David Reed is an extremely competent, polished and exciting musician. We'll be hearing from him.” - Rory Block | Blues musician and recording artist
— Chatham, NY Courier
“Reed seamlessly transitions from reggae to blues to calypso to rock in his playing, bringing us along on a wonderful, quixotic musical journey.” - Jaime Elliot
— St. John (USVI) Tradewinds
“'Eclecticity' highlights Reed's deft acoustic guitar playing...he is a master of his craft.” - Seth Rogovoy
— The Berkshire Eagle
I've been told that I am cut from the same stylistic cloth as Jorma Kaukonen and the Davids Lindley & Bromberg...and that the souls of old Delta and Piedmond bluesmen visit regularly.
I'm not sure of any of that, but I do know this . . .
As a multi-instrumentalist/singer-songwriter/recording artist I've enjoyed bringing a smile to the face and a beat to the feet of audiences young and old for most of my life. Equally at home in festival, coffeehouse, restaurant and house concert settings - or as a complement to dinner parties, Bar-B-Q's or weddings - I bring a sunny Caribe vibe to my folkrock, ragtime jazz and Americana repertoire.
An accomplished finger-style guitarist and seasoned performer, I also build wonderfully unique and quirky cigar box guitars from which I deliver my own brand of tasty smokehouse blues.
I shall now toot my own horn (or is that a conch shell?) a little more:
* Recordings: Three solo recordings, Try It Again, Eclecticity and Asleep at the Keel. TuTu Much Is Never Enuff! with my duo TuTu Much, and Gypsy Davy with my trio The Introv3rts. All on the Dry Duck Record label, of course!
* In Concert: Hot Tuna, Max, Creek, New Riders, Jesse Winchester, Third World, David Bromberg, Entrain, Rory Block, Ellis Paul, Brooks Williams, Utah Phillips, Bernice Lewis & Bobby Sweet . . . and others.
* Tours: Switzerland, Italy, England, Bulgaria, US & British Virgin Islands and throughout East Coast US.
* Press: Cigar Box Guitar Review magazine, Acoustic Guitar magazine, Artful Mind magazine, numerous reviews in multiple newspapers in the US and Europe. Radio and TV spots in US, Swiss and Bulgarian broadcast media.
* Video: Music video by Oscar and Grammy award winning filmmaker Doug Trumbull & MAGI Studios of the calypso, Digby.
* Music educator, blog writer, music reviewer, cigar box guitar maker and author of Getting Started with the 3-String Cigar Box Guitar.
* Founder and original guitarist of nationally acclaimed jam band Max Creek (1971) who continue to record and tour today.
As always, THANK YOU for your interest and support over the years and I hope I can play for YOU soon!